Monday, 27 April 2009

The Guardian Update

Here is what my Dad's present now looks like. I came to a decision today that this will now have to be for Christmas, as I do not want to get stressed out and put myself under pressure to get it finished in 3 wks time. It was a hard decision to make, but I think it is for the best at the end of the day.

I want to relax and enjoy my stitching, not be put off by it. This week I am going to start a Rota for 4 wks, so I stitch on 4 things and once one thing is finished, I can add something else in its place, so that my Wips get reduced from 17 to 0 lol.

I had a great trip to see Karen & Riley, she loved her Peachy Biscornu, my next thing for her will be a needleroll, so gonna try and find some charts, that I know she will like and stitch one up for when I go for my next weekend visit.

Whilst I was there she showed me her WIPs that she had, and I have bought home a couple to finish off for her, one is Christmas Elf Fairy, which I did a bit of stitching on whilst I was up there. The next one is an Anchor design called Cliff Top Poppies, and I said I would bring them both home and get them done for her. Christmas Elf Fairy will be added to the Rota this time around and then I will add the Poppies another time.

Ok for my rota here are the 4 things that I will be working on:

Week 1: HAED Citrine
Week 2: Winter Beauty Princess
Week 3: Christmas Elf Fairy
Week 4: The Guardian

Well back to stitching, not sure what I shall stitch this week, the Rota will def commence next week, so I must make sure that Citrine is ready Sunday night, for the off on Monday.

5 comments:

dianemi said...

Kathy, I really like that you moved the finish date for your Dad's present to Christmas. Your stitching is so pretty and you'll probably enjoy stitching it even more if you're not under pressure to complete it. The rotation sounds great and I can't wait to see your progress pics. :)

Deb said...

Moving the date for your Dan's present was probably a good thing. If you start getting stressed out about it, it becomes no fun! But it is looking wonderful and your rotation sounds great!

Tammy said...

The Guardian is looking great but I like you don't like to stitch under pressure. Takes the fun out of it. Looking forward to seeing more progress during the rotation weeks :o)

Carla said...

Great progress on The Guardian!! I have stitched a little bit more on mine for the last couple of weeks and can finally see the second wolve :)

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.