Saturday, 9 January 2010

Miss Valentine & Storykeep Enchanted WIPS

Here is Miss Valentine so far, this is 6 hours stitching on her so far. Am hoping to get cracking on her again this afternoon.

This next piece is called Storykeep Enchanted. It is this yrs HAED Freebie SAL (now closed to sign ups). I loved stitching this last night, it is being worked on 25ct fabric, 2 over 2 full crosses, as I have been getting headaches doing 2 over 1 tent stitching. You'd think over the last 3/4 yrs I would have taken note, but now that I have I have fixed it lol, I am enjoying it. I may just get a HAED finish this yr woohooo.

I have now come to the decision that I will have to restart all my HAEDs and do them as full crosses not tent stitching, so that I don't suffer. I may ahve to revert to Aida just to do these, but it will me getting ill lol.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Love the Valentine girl.
For the over 1 work have you tried showing your optician what you need to be able to focus on? I now have a different pair of glasses specially for stitching.

MarchAnn58 said...

Wow 6 hours of stitching and you got a lot done in the time. Great design and I love the colors

Blu said...

Miss V looks great. You've got quite a bit done.

Carla said...

Nice progress on Miss Valentine.

I read on the bb about the headaches you got from stitching HAED 2 over 1,I hope you find the right fabric to stitch your HAEDs and maybe have a finish this year :)

Karan said...

She is just so pretty - will enjoy watching her develop.... & to seeing more of the storykeep. Hope the change makes a difference so you can finish those HAED's. :0)

Terri said...

Looks great Kathy. I love them both

Sally said...

Wow you got loads done on Miss Valentine. Beautiful pinks.

Nice start on the storykeep too. Do hope you can stitch your others without feeling ill when you restart them.

Nicki said...

I am so, so glad the HAED stitching is working for you now - long may it continue! :) I trashed two HAEDs I'd started a long time ago and just weren't on the right fabric for me, so you're not the only one to have to rethink :)