Monday, 18 October 2010

Mrs Cane, Mermaids of the Deep & St Petersburg

This first piccy is of Mrs Cane, settling into her new home. She arrived at Nuneaton on Saturday morning (thanks Julie) and arrived home with me yesterday. She will be dragging her cane out, every week, to make sure we are all getting on with our stitching lol !!! This where I got to with Mermaids of the Deep Blue back in June of this yr. They were restarted last yr sometime and not alot has been done. I have entered a contest on the Mirabilia Stitchers Board where we have to stitch on a Mirabilia starting on the 6th Oct until the 15th November. I didn't start stitching on them until Saturday as I was in the throws of finishing WBP.
Here is where I got up to as off last night, its not alot, but I am pleased with them so far. My goal for this contest is to finish the smaller of the 2 mermaids and then make a start on the larger one. I am hoping to reach to reach this goal and also hoping to have them finished by the end of November. On the Chatelaine Board there is a WIP Kill Contest, where you have to concentrate on one of your WIPs and aim to get it finished by the end of January 2011, so I chose White nights in St Petersburg for this one. I am going to try and stitch on this one in the evenings and then stitch on the Mermaids during the day.

I am under strict orders that I CAN NOT have a new start until I have had 2 more finishes lol, so I am gonna try my hardest to stick to it.

Last of all thank you for all your lovely compliments on Winter Beauty Princess, not sure what I shall do with her yet and when, but once I have made a decision I will let you know.

12 comments:

vEr0n!c@ said...

LOL! Strict orders eh? From who may I ask? ^.^ Both your WiPs look Gorgeous! Good luck on the contests :) I need to pick up my Mirabilia stitching as well.

Hazel said...

Your wips are looking fab. Lovely to see you on Saturday. Mrs Cane looks worse than Mr Stick! xx

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great day Saturday :) Mrs Cane looks very settled after her journey home.

Bev said...

i love every single mermaid mirabilia have, i treated myself to mermaids of the deep but we had a house fire and i never replaced it, one day i will i love the progress of yours

Julie said...

Mrs Cane looks right at home, Mr Stick will be able to go into retirement now he has a young lady to take over from him!

Mermaid looks beautiful

Christine said...

The mermaids are beautiful, I'm sure with Mrs Cane watching over you they'll be done in no time!

Lesleyanne said...

Your wips are looking great. Good luck with your contests. Who says you can't have a new start. Mrs Cane looks very settled in her new home.

Blu said...

Nice progress!

And who's preventing you from new start?

Kathy said...

have a friend who says I have to have 2 more finishes before a new start hehe. Jacqui I know I am gonna be in trouble for this one rofl. There will be a new PR start soon tho, as I do have the PR sal board to run and I should stitch with the ladies as I run the SAL forum

Hugs xxxxx

Kathy said...

Mrs Cane is very happy in her new home, and she will be checking on everyone and their lovely WIPS lol

Hugs xxxx

Joysze said...

I love the colors of Mermies. I don't think I've seen a picture of the greens looking that vibrant. LOVE IT!!!

Mrs. Cane looks sooooooo cute, Kathy.

Karan said...

Wanda says hello to her new sister. LOL I love that mermaid design... another one I shall thoroughly enjoy watching develop. It's good to see White Nights again.... one of these days I will stitch a Chatelaine! Great incentive for getting a couple of finishes... but will you stick to it? ROFL :0)