Friday, 1 April 2011

Pompejian Garden Update


Here is my Pompejian Garden update. it has taking me almost a week to get this far. I started the left side bottom section which are parts 10 to 12. I am currently working on part 11, which is the border that goes all the way round. Once I have done this section, I shall then start the right bottom side. I am loving this piece.


I am just debating whether, to bead as I go along or wait til the end. I will prob wait til the end, then it won't get all bobbly underneath when they have been on for a few weeks. I am going to try, and get this piece finished by the end of May. I think April will be to short a time to get it done, but who knows lol.


Thanks for all your wonderful comments on Neuschwanstein Castle, it was a dream to stitch and it will be framed soon, I want it on my wall by my stitching area. I will add another pic of Pompeji next Friday. I am going to try and post once a week ever Friday so that you can see the changes in Pomp as I go along.

15 comments:

wendy111 said...

This is looking gorgeous, the colours are so vibrant. I can't wait to see your next progress photo

wendy111 said...

Hi, just decided to add I tend to bead as I go as I can't face putting them all on at the end. I stitch these big pieces using a frame and I use a piece of quilt wadding over the beaded area when I roll it on the frame. Seems to protect beads and stop 'bead bobbles'

Kathy said...

Ooooo now there is an idea, thanks for that Wendy

Hugs xxxxxx

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress Kathy.

MarchAnn58 said...

Goodness the colors are really poping in the piece aren't they. It really looks beautiful. I have two of her pieces but I just don't have the where with all to start one. Great Job Love Wendy111's idea.

Christine said...

That is looking fantastic, the colours are amazing

Von said...

What an intricate design with color that pops off the linen!!

Beth said...

When I opened your post and saw your piece, I said outloud WOW!! That is an amazing piece, and I am really looking forward to the updates. AWESOME!

Karen said...

That is absolutely stunning! The detail in that design is incredible.

Cathy said...

Beautiful colors. What size frame are you stitching this on?

Julie said...

Beautiful!!

Joysze said...

It looks beautiful, Kathy. I'll be cheering you on all the way to an April/May finish!!!

I agree with Wendy on the beading... a layer or 2 of batting does wonders, even with those swarovski cubes. That said, I bead at the end of a project, and the batting get scrolled in to protect the sections already done. :)

Kathy said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.

Cathy I amusing a 30" in by 12 in" easy clip scrollframe,a nd using my lowery stand to hold the frame so I have both hands free

Hugs xxxxxx

Aussie Stitcher said...

It is looking amazing Kathy.

Katya5 said...

Your mandala looks beautiful! It's a lot bigger than I imagined. It always seemed to me that "mandala" projects are small.
Can't wait to see the next picture!