Monday, 23 July 2012

Woohooo Pompejian Garden Mandala HD

Here is the finished piece at last, stitched on 32 ct Jobelan, by Polstitches called Cuddles (well I think it's Jobelan lol).  It has taken me 6 yrs on and off, infact it would have been 6 yrs this September, since I bought and started her.  Pomp was lovely to work on, I will miss it, but now I have several others to finish one BAP down, a few more to go phew, including HAEDS.
This is the centre piece all beaded including the Fishes Black eyes, I am not a lover of French knots, so decided to use beads instead for the eyes.
This is one of the corner pieces, I just love how it all came together.  Thanks to everyone for all their support and encouragement in helping me get this finished, it helped me focus since I have moved homes, and now it's time to find something else to work on.  I think Sabrina will be next, followed by a Model for Colours of the Outback, am stitching Red Lady Pirate for her.

20 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations! That's stunning and amazing!!! You must be so proud of the finished product!

Melinda said...

This is amazing SO beautiful. This calls for a gigantic celebration

Terri said...

Congratulations!! This is an amazing piece and you've done a wonderful job on it!!!!!!!

Monique said...

Wow! It is really stunning and I love the way you photographed the piece. What a huge achievement.

Christine said...

Congratulations on a fabulous finish

demeter83 said...

It looks absolutely stunning, just wow!

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish Kathy.

Nurdan said...

You have a wonderful blog which is full of amazing works!

I do congratulate you!

Isadarena said...

Congratulations kathy: your Pompejian garden is just stunning:-))

Ranae said...

Congrats!
It's gorgeous!

Colours of the Outback said...

Stunning!

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations! What an amazing and beautiful finish!

Beth Pearce said...

FABULOUS! Congratulations

Veronica said...

Whoa, the intricacies and details of this design is overwhelmingly amazing! The vivid colours just makes me happy :D Congratulations, Kathy. You've done a wonderful job.

Sharon said...

Just stunning! Congratulations!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance. It looks amazing!

Jeanne said...

Oh, Kathy , that is awesome!! Big congratulations on finishing this lovely piece. I know how it is to have those long-standing WIPs and such a thrill to place that last little stitch and bead. :) I have never done one of these Mandela pieces but they are so beautiful. You are brave starting up an HAED, I admire then but afraid I would never get one finished!

Cathy said...

Stunning! I have yet to start Knotgarden which is in my stash. Looking forward to watching your progress on your other wips.

city said...

thanks for sharing.

Valentina said...

Congrats for this HUGE Happy Dance!