Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Crochet Finish & WIP plus Stitchy Finish and WIP

Here are some updates, that I promised I would show you.  As you can see I have a some finishes, one from last year the others are all January finishes and WIPs.

Gigi, Bewitching Pixie, Stitching on 28ct Linen Opal, by Craft Kitten, but can't remember the colour sigh!!!!!  Finished in August 2014
Ana, Bewitching Pixie, Stitched on 32ct Woodland Foxglove Belfast Opal Linen by Crafty Kitten Fabrics, Finished 13 January 2015
This finished large granny square blanket, was the first ever piece of crochet I ever tried, what started out as a small try out granny square, grew into 2 large granny squares joined together to make this blanket for Mark.  He loves it and helps keep him warm in bed on very cold nights.  
This next blanket is called a Cosy Blanket, by Attic 24,  This came in kit for and is a WIP, I am over half way, and Guy is per steering me to get it finished lol.  He loves the colours as do I, the picture is a bit bright compared to the actual blanket, but we love it, and it keeps me warm at night.
 This last pic is of January Garnet, this is where I am up to at the moment, I started her last year as a Thursday Mirabilia SAL with my friend Michelle, who started Buttercup, and has her finished lol.

I have set myself some goals for this year, and that is to not buy any stitchy stash for a while, I think its time to clear my WIPs, seeing as I have 18 of them.  Will update pics another day.  The other is learn more crochet patterns, and see how it goes.  I have the Coastal Ripple blanket waiting in the wings, to do next after Cosy is finished.

Thank you for the lovely welcome back.  I am intend to TRY and keep this up daily.  I know I kept saying that, but I really intend to this time.   I have Guy at home poorly, he has a high temperature and looks very pale, so he was kept home today, hopefully he is back in school tomorrow.  I will have to go and collect Mark later, he has triple games this afternoon, so he will be finishing early.

This morning I watched Maleficent, well all I can say is wow, loved the story line, so much better than the cartoon Disney Story of Sleeping Beauty.  Angelina Jolie, was brilliant as Maleficent.  I would highly recommend this film.

Hugs n' Luv

Kathy xxx


9 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful work Kathy :-)

Blu said...

Gorgeous stitching! Your finishes look amazing.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful work Kathy, great to see you are blogging again!

Julie said...

Congrats on learning to crochet, super blankets.

Kathy said...

Thanks Ladies, it's good to be back xx

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and crochet!

Yekaterina Haussler said...

Beautiful finishes - and the WIP too - and very cozy-looking blankets!
We saw Maleficent with the kids - we loved it, and they loved it... and now my oldest is in awe of Angelina Jolie. :)
Thank you so much for the update! Hope to see more of you here soon.

Gillian Aldus said...

I wondered why you'd disappeared from FB, although I agree it's a huge time suck. I'm trying not to go on as much too, although I don't want to get rid of it as we keep in touch with friends and family in the UK that way.

Where will you be moving to? We'll be moving back home sometime in the next year or so (which is something I haven't mentioned on FB as there are people we don't want to know just yet) and are hoping to be living in Somerset as that's where a lot of our families live now.

Kathy said...

HI Gillian,

We will still be in the North Somerset area, so not far from Somerset hun, so be able to meet up sometime. I'm hoping to move to Backwell or Long Ashton mainly for school purposes. Depends on when I can afford to move, need to do some serious saving up, could take me a while yet lol.

Don't worry I shall not say a word

My family were doing my head in, I have their addresses and phone numbers that will do me lol.